USDA Announces Aquaculture Eligible Commodities for CFAP Economic Assistance
August 11, 2020
USDA Announces Aquaculture
Eligible Commodities for
CFAP Economic Assistance
Today, Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the eligibility of aquaculture crops for Coronavirus Food economic (CFAP) assistance.
Producers of eligible aquaculture commodities can begin submitting CFAP application the week of August 17.
Eligible commodities include:
- largemouth bass and carp sold live as foodfish,
- hybrid striped bass,
- red drum,
- ornamental/tropical fish, and
- recreational sportfish.
CFAP Payments for Aquaculture
Aquaculture payments differ for eligible fish and crustaceans. CFAP payments will be calculated as outlined below.
CFAP payments for eligible aquaculture species, excluding crawfish, are the sum of:
- the aquaculture species sold from January 15, 2020, through April 15, 2020, multiplied by the CARES Act payment rate; and
- inventory of the aquaculture species that was not sold but was market size and available to be marketed between January 15, 2020, and April 15, 2020, multiplied by the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) payment rate.
CFAP payments for crawfish are the sum of:
- crawfish sales from January 15, 2020, through April 15, 2020, multiplied by the CARES Act payment rate; and
- crawfish inventory that was not sold as of April 15, 2020, due to lack of market and will not be sold in the calendar year 2020, multiplied by the CCC payment rate.
Visit the NAA Website for…
Informational videos, webinars, request publications, download policy statements, or renew or join as a member.
NAA SOCIAL MEDIA
Copyright © 2020 email@example.com, All rights reserved.